Camden Rocks Festival are looking for volunteers to assist their busy production and venue teams at this years festival, a great opportunity to gain experience of working in a live music and festival environment. The festival features 250 high-energy guitar bands playing across 25 venues in Camden and they are in particular looking for volunteers to assist stage managers as well as general production runners and event stewards. We also consider volunteers for advance roles in the weeks running up to the festival.
Volunteers are normally asked to be available for a portion of the day (e.g. 10am – 4pm OR 4pm – 11pm), although this can vary between roles and there are some available for the duration of the day if you would prefer a full days experience. Refreshments and lunch or dinner will be provided.
Example of roles available:
VENUE VOLUNTEER – assist our stage managers with the running of shows at various venues around Camden.
Duties will include:
– Shadowing Stage Crew – Assisting bands and helping move equipment on and off stage
– Artist Liaison – Meeting band parties outside each venue and showing them where to load in as directed by our stage managers
– Ad hoc duties as needed
PRODUCTION RUNNER – running ad hoc errands as needed for the production team.
EVENT STEWARD – helping to provide information to festival goers.
ADVANCE PRODUCTION VOLUNTEERS – Ad hoc duties helping our production team in the run up to the festival.
ALL volunteers must be:
– Over 18 on show day
– Eligible to volunteer in the UK
– Appropriately dressed if volunteering on show day i.e dark sensible cloths / working boots / comfortable shoes
– Have some knowledge of the gig environment
– Professionally minded (i.e please do not ask the bands for photos or signatures) and sober at all times
– Pay a refundable deposit of £39 if you are selected to work the evening shift. Unfortunately we’ve had experience of people taking their ticket in the morning and then not showing up for their shift in the evening, so a refundable deposit is taken to safeguard against people applying through the volunteer process to get a free ticket! Providing you show up for your shift in the evening then this deposit will be refunded to your paypal account within 7 working days after the festival.
Please apply here by 28th April.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive we regret we cannot respond to all applications, however we will be in touch with successful applicants in May.