Camden Rocks Festival are looking for volunteers to assist their teams at this years festival. The festival features 400 high-energy guitar bands playing across 20+ venues in Camden, over two days. Volunteering for Camden Rocks Festival is a great opportunity to gain experience of working in a live music in a unique festival set up, where 20+ events are simultaneously occurring in different venues, all across a one mile stretch in Camden Town!
There are a number of volunteering roles available on the day and we also consider volunteers for advance roles in the weeks running up to the festival.
Volunteers can volunteer for the duration of the day if you would prefer a full days experience, or a portion of the day (e.g. 10am – 5pm, 5pm – 11pm – times vary according to roles). An allowance for refreshments, lunch or dinner will be provided and you will also be able to enjoy the festival before / after your shift on the day you are volunteering.
Example of roles available:
- WRISTBAND CHECKER – checking the wristbands of festival goers entering venues. This is a position based in venues and you’ll get to soak up the live music and atmosphere of the festival during your shift.
- ADVANCE PRODUCTION ASSISTANT – assist in our office in the run up to the festival. Tasks varying from administrative office tasks, accreditation, organising artist rider etc.
- VENUE VOLUNTEER – assist a stage manager with the running of the festival at a Camden Rocks Festival venue e.g. welcoming artists, assisting the stage manager to get bands on and off stage on time, running errands as required.
- GENERAL PRODUCTION RUNNER – running ad hoc errands as needed for the production team.
- EVENT STEWARD – helping to provide information to festival goers.
- RIDER ASSISTANT – assisting the production team with organising the festival rider for artists.
- CREW CATERING RUNNERS – required only for a couple of hours at lunch time and a couple of hours in the evening, to complete food drops to in venue production teams.
ALL volunteers must be:
- Over 18 on show day
- Eligible to volunteer in the UK
- Appropriately dressed if volunteering on show day i.e dark sensible cloths / working boots / comfortable shoes
- If applying for the Production Assistant / Venue Volunteer / Production Runner roles, it would be helpful to have some knowledge of the gig environment. For all other roles, no experience required!
- Professionally minded (i.e please do not ask the bands for photos or signatures) and sober at all times
- Pay a refundable deposit of £39 if you are selected to work the evening shift. Unfortunately we’ve had experience of people taking their ticket in the morning and then not showing up for their shift in the evening, so a refundable deposit is taken to safeguard against people applying through the volunteer process to get a free ticket! Providing you show up for your shift in the evening then this deposit will be refunded to your paypal account within 7 working days after the festival.
Please apply through the link below by Wednesday 1st May.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive we regret we cannot respond to all applications, however we will be in touch with successful applicants in May.