Camden Rocks Festival are looking for volunteers to assist their busy production and venue teams at this years festival. The festival features 250 high-energy guitar bands playing across 25 venues in Camden and they are in particular looking for volunteers to assist stage managers as well as general production runners.
Volunteers are asked to volunteer for one shift – either the early part of the day (10am – 4pm) OR the evening (4pm – 11pm). In return volunteers will receive access to the festival for the half of the day they are not working and the experience of working in a festival environment and shadowing production staff. Refreshments and lunch or dinner will be provided.
There are two roles available:
VENUE VOLUNTEER – assist our stage managers with the running of shows at various venues around Camden.
Duties will include:
– Shadowing Stage Crew – Assisting bands and helping move equipment on and off stage
– Artist Liaison – Meeting band parties outside each venue and showing them where to load in as directed by our stage managers
– Ad hoc duties as needed
PRODUCTION RUNNER – running ad hoc errands as needed for the production team.
ALL volunteers must be:
– Over 18 on show day
– Eligible to volunteer in the UK
– Appropriately dressed i.e dark sensible cloths / working boots
– Have some knowledge of the gig environment
– Professionally minded (i.e please do not ask the bands for photos or signatures) and sober at all times
– Pay a refundable deposit of £39 if you are selected to work the evening shift. Unfortunately we’ve had experience of people taking their ticket in the morning and then not showing up for their shift in the evening, so a refundable deposit is taken to safeguard against people applying through the volunteer process to get a free ticket! Providing you show up for your shift in the evening then this deposit will be refunded to your paypal account the next working day after the festival.
Please apply here by 28th April.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive we regret we cannot respond to all applications, however we will be in touch with successful applicants in May.